Saturday, April 7, 2012

Don't Cry This Easter, Christ Has Risen!

 

As I look forward to celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ this Easter weekend, I found this picture of my cousin Ian from one a few years ago.  I can't recall exactly what was upsetting him that Sunday morning, but I think I can narrow it down to two things, either he didn't want his picture taken or someone other then him had just found the last Easter egg.  I think we'll go with the latter one!  

I hope I don't embarrass him too much with this (I sure love and miss that kid) -  but as we go about hunting for Easter eggs and enjoying our jelly beans and Reese's eggs (mmm!), we ought to remember that what we are ought to be searching for and rejoicing in is Jesus Christ, our Savior.

Here are a few scriptures that have helped me remember the hope that Christ has given to the whole world:


  1. "If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept." (1 Cor. 15:19-20)
  2. "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." (Ether 12:4)  
  3. "And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

    And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities." (Alma 7:11-12)
  4. "Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.  Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. 

    Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. (John 20:15-17)
 Also, check out mormon.org/easter  to see what people around the world are saying about the question:
"Why is Jesus Christ important to you?".


No comments:

Post a Comment